Zúme Project Frequently Asked Questions
Is it really 100% free?
What is the content of the training?
The curriculum is intentionally aimed at teaching people how to make disciples who make disciples, who make disciples.
The 10-week course teaches key principles and processes for making and multiplying disciples using simple, easy to use tools and resources. This is delivered via training videos (in a video-scribe format), downloadable tools, online coaches, and a group mapping feature (coming soon) to show where this type of disciple-making does not yet exist.
- SESSION 01
- The Basics of Multiplication
- Teaching Obedience, not just Knowledge
- How to Listen and Hear from God
- Tools: SOAPS Bible Reading Program; Accountability Groups Guide
- SESSION 02
- Becoming Producers Rather than Consumers
- Self-feeding in Scripture, Prayer, Body Life, Persecution and Suffering
- If we are going to make disciples who multiply, then we must equip them to be producers, not merely consumers, of spiritual truth!
- Tools: The Prayer Cycle; List of 100/Relational Network
- SESSION 03
- Spiritual Economy
- Tools: Sharing the Gospel; “Creation to Judgment” Story
- SESSION 04
- The Greatest Blessing
- Eyes to See where the Kingdom Isn’t Developing an awareness of where the Kingdom is growing and where it is not)
- The Lord’s Supper (Deepening faithfulness through obedience)
- Tools: Preparing and Sharing Your Testimony
- SESSION 05
- Tools: Prayerwalking; B.L.E.S.S. Prayers
- SESSION 06
- Tools: 3/3rds Group Modeling Video
- SESSION 07
- The Training Cycle: Model, Assist, Watch. Leave (How every disciple is made)
- Tools: 3/3rds Group
- SESSION 08
- Leadership Cells (Training and equipping a group for rapid multiplication)
- Tools: 3/3rds Group
- SESSION 09
- A Simultaneous, Non-Sequential Process
- Pace (Every disciple needs a place to learn, a place to lead, and the passion and urgency to help complete the Great Commission)
- Part of Two Churches Tools: 3-Month Plan
- SESSION 10
- Networks of Simple Churches
- Tools: Coaching Checklist; Peer Mentoring; Four Fields; Generational Map
There are lots of “Disciple Making Movements” or “Church Planting Movement” trainers; why is Zúme needed?
Live training is better than online training. Online training should never replace live training events. Unfortunately, due to limitations of access, awareness, availability, scheduling, and many other reasons, many people who can and should have access to live training events don’t have access. Zúme is an attempt to provide a high-quality entry level substitute for such people. It uses the same principles as many of the live training types available from others.
What does the process of starting a Zúme Training time look like?
- SIGN UP
- Go to www.zumeproject.com Scroll down and fill in your first and last name
- Fill in your email address
- Create a password for your account and then re-enter it
- Click on “Sign Up”
- An email will be sent to you to confirm and activate your account
- In your email, click on the link that is provided. This link will redirect you back to the Zúme site and you will be logged in
- INVITE YOUR FRIENDS
- Fill in your address in the spaces provided and then click “Next”
- Fill in your group’s name (Ex: J Smith’s Home or Brown County Group)
- Invite some friends or family that you would like to join you for the Zúme Project by filling in their email addresses. (To add more invites click on “Invite more”)
- Communicate to your friends and family to follow the prompts in their email by clicking on the link they received. They will be automatically added to your group
- Confirm and activate your group by clicking on “START FIRST SESSION”
- HOST A TRAINING
- Set a time and date for your group to regularly get together for the duration of the Zúme Project
What if I need help?
Shortly after your group is registered, you will have a coach assigned. On each page of the training there is a link at the bottom of the page that enables you to send a message to your coach. They will respond at their earliest convenience. If for some reason you cannot get responses from your coach then send a request via the form at the bottom of the landing page at zumeproject.com.
Can I do the training by myself?
No. There are essential training exercises and practice sessions which require other participants to complete.
Why is it called Zúme?
Zúme means yeast in Greek. In Matthew 13:33 Jesus is quoted as saying, “the Kingdom of Heaven is like a woman who took yeast and mixed it into a large amount of flour until it was all leavened.” This illustrates how ordinary people, using ordinary resources, can have an extraordinary impact for the Kingdom of God. Zúme aims to equip and empower ordinary believers to reach every neighborhood.
What is the statement of faith for Zúme?
Since Zúme is not run by an organization, there is not a formal statement of faith. All of us involved, however, would agree on the Lausanne Covenant.
Who leads Zúme?
There is no organization that is “running” the Zúme Project and the project is not an organization. It is a coalition of people who have a heart to carry out Christ’s command to make disciples of every people group on earth and expand His Kingdom to every place until His will is done on earth as it is in heaven.