1. There was an empty field and the farmer had a great need to provide for his family. The farmer was told to plant seeds in the nearby empty field. The farmer would not! No? The farmer had tried before and the farmer knew the soil was hard and the seeds he planted last time did not grow! A good friend explained this important news to the farmer:
* The hard soil needs to be broken and prepared before seeds can be planted
* You must plant the right seeds for that soil
2. The Seeds to be planted were different then any the farmer had ever seen before. The seeds were large about the size of his hand. The good friend said these were Mango seeds.
3. The Immature Tree began to grow but slowly. It took much time and care to keep it growing. The farmer almost gave up but the good friend encouraged the farmer to nurture the immature tree and be patient.
4. The Mature Tree began to bear Fruit and the farmer was so joyful. There was more fruit that he and his family could eat and each fruit had a large Mango seed on the inside. The farmer knew what to do with all those seeds!
5. The Farmer felt a stir in his heart to share this good news of : 1. Preparing the Soil; 2. Planting Seeds; 3. Nurturing the Immature Tree; and 4. Harvesting the Fruit with everyone he knew both near and far.
Story: Mango Orchard / People Orchard
1. Preparing the Soil = Pray and Fast
* Would you ever plant a seed on concrete? No? Yet you seek to minister (plant seeds) on unprepared soil (a ministry field not fasted and prayed for).
2. Planting Seeds = Gospel
* There are many tools to dig into the soil to plant a seed (Gospel). Focus on the Gospel (seed) not the tool (bridge, road, colors, cubes, circles)
3. Nurturing the Immature Tree = Discipleship
* Time. Making a disciple takes time. Making a disciple of a child, teen, youth, young adult takes even more time. Is it worth it? Ask Paul about Timothy, remember Timothy was taught the Scriptures in his home since childhood. Paul was able to take the strong foundation and train a “Champion for Eternity” from the young man called Timothy.
* 2 Timothy 1:5 – “I am reminded of your sincere faith, a faith that dwelt first in your grandmother Lois and your mother Eunice and now, I am sure, dwells in you as well.”
* 2 Timothy 3:14-15 – “But as for you, continue in what you have learned and have firmly believed, knowing from whom you learned it 15 and how from childhood you have been acquainted with the sacred writings, which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith in Christ Jesus.”
4. Harvesting the Fruit = Gathering as a Church and each one using his/her gifts
* Same Time. Same Place. Leaders clearly acknowledged as the multiplying leaders.
5. The Farmer = Disciple Maker / Church Planter
* Working all fields, yet knowing that it is God alone that brings and truly bears all fruit John 15. Therefore the farmer knows that Fasting and Prayer is the most important role and responsibility!
The Bible says it best:
And he said, “The kingdom of God is as if a man should scatter seed on the ground.
27 He sleeps and rises night and day, and the seed sprouts and grows; he knows not how.
28 The earth produces by itself, first the blade, then the ear, then the full grain in the ear.
29 But when the grain is ripe, at once he puts in the sickle, because the harvest has come.”
“And He was teaching them many things in parables, and in his teaching he said to them:
3 “Listen! Behold, a sower went out to sow.
4 And as he sowed, some seed fell along the path, and the birds came and devoured it.
5 Other seed fell on rocky ground, where it did not have much soil,
and immediately it sprang up, since it had no depth of soil.
6 And when the sun rose, it was scorched, and since it had no root, it withered away.
7 Other seed fell among thorns, and the thorns grew up and choked it, and it yielded no grain.
8 And other seeds fell into good soil and produced grain,
growing up and increasing and yielding thirtyfold and sixtyfold and a hundredfold.”
9 And he said, “He who has ears to hear, let him hear.””
Mark 4:2-9 (emphasis added)
GameLife 1-2-3 inspires, equips, resources, challenges,
and trains parents and diligent children’s leaders.
* This strategy will help fulfill the Great Commission – “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. 19 Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age.” Matthew 28:18b-20
* In child-friendly terms, we call this – “Training Champions for Eternity!”
Training Champions for Eternity!
A child-friendly way of saying making disciples of all nations. Matthew 28:18-20.