Why Memorize a Story?
Good Question. Answer: God teaches through stories and parables. In the GameLife 1-2-3 training our “training method” is part of our “training message.” As a future trainer you must allow your student to “experience” the truth through something familiar like a story or a game, then it is very easy to teach your student the “new truth.”
Also, stories and our GameLife 1-2-3 game experiences are easy to remember and if something is easy to remember it is easy multiply.
GameLife 1-2-3 trains children’s workers in one of the most powerful teaching methods in the world. GameLife 1-2-3 uses “Experiential-Education.” This is teaching the way Jesus taught — engage a students with a powerful experience – a “known or familiar truth”– then reveal or through discovery show how that “known familiar truth” relates to the “new truth.” Watch Jesus do this in Mark 4:30-32 > “And he (Jesus) said, “With what can we compare the kingdom of God, or what parable shall we use for it? 31 It is like a grain of mustard seed…”
Our training method is part of our training message. People will teach others the way they were taught. We would prefer to be with you and have you experience the GameLife 1-2-3 game experiences live. The next best method an easy to remember story. When you are finished with this 4 step training you do not need to remember all these words you are reading you simply need to remember the stories, by remembering the stories you will be able to remember the principles the stories represent, and you will be able to train others!!!
Simple Things Multiply
Read the story “Car Factory” then memorize the story, tell someone the story and watch how quickly they experience an “Aha Moment” when the truth becomes so clear. Most people respond “Oh, now I understand!” Ask them to tell back the story to you, not only will they be able to tell you the story — they will be able to tell you the principle the story represents. That is GameLife teaching!!!
If you can remember the story “Car Factory” you are well on your way to understanding why training children should be one of the the top priorities and a foundation for every church.
Memorize the Story: “Car Factory”
Story: Car Factory
* If the cars coming out of an automobile factory were constantly breaking down and needing repair what would you do?
* Easy right? Hire and train more mechanics to fix all the broken cars!
* Every single year, decade after decade, every single generation, you would need more and more and even more mechanics just to keep up.
*Now, if you were wise, you would recruit and train diligent engineers and you would go in and change the way those cars are being produced!
* To fully understand, substitute “people” for cars and substitute “developmental years” for the factory and you will quickly see what needs to be done right now.
Story: Car Factory / People Training
* If the “people” coming out of “their developmental years” were constantly breaking down and needing repair what would you do?
* Easy right? Hire and train more “adult leaders” to fix all the “broken people!”
* Every single year, decade after decade, every single generation, you would need more and more and even more “adult leaders” just to keep up.
* Now, if you were wise, you would recruit and train diligent parents and “children’s leaders” and you would go in and change the way those “people” are being “trained during their developmental years!”
Reach a Child to Engage a Family to Plant a Church
The Bible says it best:
“Train up a child in the way he should go;
even when he is old he will not depart from it.”
“You shall teach them diligently to your children,
and shall talk of them when you sit in your house,
and when you walk by the way,
and when you lie down, and when you rise.