GameLife 1-2-3 / Mark 20 of 72
* Please Read Important Note:
Bold Print = Say Out loud
[Bracket Print] = Do not Say (Tips for Leader)
Normal Print = Do (Action)
Underline = New Material
* [Care: Welcome the children by name and ask the children their highlight of the week.]
* [Gather: Immediately, as children start to come out, play a simple game of Freeze-Tag. The tagged child must freeze, the frozen player is unfrozen by telling a leader his / her name.]
1 Game Experience: Boys and Girls, it’s time for a Game!!!
* [Experience the One Main Truth: Jesus has Power Over Death.]
~ Players, when I shout “Onnnne” you look at me, when I put my two fingers up you shout “Twwoo” and when I put my hands to my sides everyone is quiet. Everyone must be quiet so we can hear.
~ Boys & girls if you are 10 years & over go with “Coach Jose,” and if you are 5 to 9 years go with “Coach Raquel,” if we have any 4 & under please go off to the side to play with “Coach Rebekah.”
* Let’s Play: Capture the Flag – Grace!!!
1. Show Players the boundaries that the game will be played in. Point out the center line that divides the field in half, one half for “Team 1” and the other for “Team 2.” Then point out that each team has a “Flag” hiding in one of the back corners of their side of the field and in the other back corner is their “Jail.”
2. Explain that each team’s goal is to be the first team to grab the “Flag” and bring it back to their side.
3. Then explain that once a Player crosses the center line into the other team’s territory the other team can tag them and send them to that team’s “Jail.” They must remain in “Jail” until a fellow teammate frees them by tagging them out. After they are released, they are free to run back to their side without getting tagged.
4. If a Player is tagged while carrying the “Flag,” they must drop the “Flag” where they were tagged and go to “Jail.”
5. Begin the game. Allow it to continue until one team brings the “Flag” back to their side.
6. For the second round, when Players are put in “Jail” they must count out loud to three and shout “Grace” then they are released.
2 Bible Discoveries: Boys and Girls, it’s time for Discovery!!!
* [Discover the One Main Truth: Jesus has Power Over Death.]
~ Boys and girls, I will stretch out my arms to my sides left & right, please sit in front of me in a half-circle, no one can sit behind me, and please let the smaller children sit in the front, I want to see everyone’s eyes. Our helpers will spread out in our half-circle to help us all listen.
~ [Take one step back and start.]
1. Let’s Discover God’s Love for You for All Eternity!!!
~ Boys and girls, this true story is from the Bible and this story is called the “Good News!” Listen close to see if you can discover a “problem” and listen to hear the “solution.”
~ [Share the Creation to Christ Hand Motions. Say together and inviting Players up to help share].
~ Boys and girls, raise your hand if you discovered the big problem? (SIN). That’s right, sin is anything in our attitudes or actions that are displeasing to God. God’s Holy Word says, “all have sinned.” That means you, me, yes, everyone!
~ What is the solution? (God loves us and gave His Son Jesus to pay for the penalty of our sin).
~ Would anyone like to ask God for forgiveness and ask Jesus to save you from your sin?
* Invitation to God’s Family:
~ Boys and Girls, you can repeat after me telling God what is stirring in your heart:
~ “God, thank you for loving me. / I have sinned against you. / I ask forgiveness for my sins. / Thank you for sending Jesus. / I believe Jesus died on a cross to pay for my sins. / I believe that You raised Jesus from the dead. / Jesus be my Savior/ Thank you for your gift of eternal life. / I pray this in Jesus’ name. Amen.”
~ Boys and Girls, God welcomes you into His family and God wants you to talk with Him every day, when we talk with God we call that “prayer.” Here is how Jesus taught us to pray.
~ This is from Matthew 6:9-13.
~ [Read the Lord’s Prayer and explain the principles of this prayer].
* Accountability & Celebration: Share Your “Obey” & “Share” Stories:
~ [Model Accountability: Coaches first briefly tell your “obey” and “share” stories.]
~ Ask: Did anyone share the Creation to Christ Hand Motions with anyone?
~ Ask: Can anyone remember and retell the Bible history we heard last week?
~ Ask: Raise your hand if you obeyed or put into practice the truth learned and share how you obeyed.
2. Let’s Discover God’s Truth for You Today!!!
* “Jairus’ Daughter” – Mark 5:21-24, 35-43.
~ Boys and girls, listen close to this true history from the Bible. Later we are going to ask you a few questions so it is important for you to listen well.
~ [Tell the passage in a story format.
~ Read the passage from the Bible (a Coach or a Player can read).
~ Then, Story Teach or have players act out the story emphasizing: Where? Who? And What Happened?]
~ [Emphasize the “Choice” and the “Result” of the choice from the passage. To help discover the One Main Truth of the passage ask what choices were made in the history and what was the result of the choice.
~ Choice: “Power over death”
~ Result: “Jairus believed, Jesus healed his daughter.”]
3 Life Connections: Boys and Girls, it’s time for Life!!!
* [Respond to the One Main Truth: Jesus has Power Over Death.]
~ Boys and girls, let’s play a quick game. Everyone stand up. I will say “circle” and “a number,” you have to get into a circle with that number of players. Boys with boys and girls with girls & share your name in the circle. Ok, “Circle 3.” Now, “Circle 4.” Last one, “Circle 8.” In your circle hold hands, step back and sit.
~ [Have one leader read the questions below and then have each circle discuss the answers to the questions, after about 30 seconds ask the next question. Keep the discussion moving forward.]
1. Let’s Connect the Bible Truth to Your Mind to Grow Your Hope!!!
~ Boys and girls, just like we have to take food into our body and exercise to give us energy and make us strong, we need to take Bible truth and connect it to our lives to have a strong life.
~ Can someone raise their hand and tell me about the game? [Today’s game described.]
~ [Ask some specific questions about the game. Prompt the children to respond.]
~ That sounds just like the Bible discovery…
~ What choice did someone make in the Bible history? [Answer from the Bible Passage.] [Ask some specific questions about the Bible history. Prompt the children to respond.]
~ What was the result of that choice? [Answer from the Bible Passage.]
~ What about us? …
~ Let’s discuss what will happen in your life if you make the same or similar choice. [Talk about practical things giving examples and specific questions from day to day life.]
~ Boys and Girls, the goal of our training is to become “Champions for Eternity.” We become “Champions for Eternity” by obeying Jesus’ commands: Love God, Love People, and Make Disciples (Matthew 22:37-40; 28:18-20).
Let’s Practice Obeying Jesus Right Now:
~ How would someone your age obey or put into practice today’s truth?
~ Who are you going to share with what you learned today? [Coaches, this is the time to take notes and write down the goals of each child and yours.]
~ Practice right now – Have Players act out obeying this truth. [We call this, Act Out the Truth.]
~ [Be creative: Add other reinforcement activities like local crafts, or drawing, etc.]
2. Let’s Connect the Bible Truth to Your Heart to Strengthen Your Faith!!!
* Memory Verse / Power Words:
~ Mark 5:36 – “But overhearing what they said, Jesus said to the ruler of the synagogue, “Do not fear, only believe.”]
~ Pray out loud and repeat after me: “Jesus, thank you that I will live with you forever if I believe in you. Please give me courage to obey and share this truth. Amen.”
3. Let’s Connect the Bible Truth to Your Spirit to Live Your Life as an Expression of Worship!!!
~ This is my favorite time!!! Worship!!! Worship in song is only one form of worship.
~ [Allow the Players to pick & sing their favorite songs that genuinely honor God. If you do not have a song to sing, simply read Psalm 23 as an expression of praise & worship.]
* Closing Celebration:
~ All hands into the middle: Boys and girls, let’s all become Champions for Eternity by yielding to Jesus. Hands go down as we say, “Jesus is,” we hold at the bottom for “my” then as our hands fly to the sky shout loudly, “Jesus is my Savior!!!”
~ [Remember to announce the next GameLife 123 Weekly: Day, Time, Location and Leaders.]
* [Note about the Bible Translation:
~ When reading the story from the Bible we recommend you pick a translation that will be easy for the children to understand. As they will also be memorizing Scripture and it is important they understand every word. For every Scripture reference, we use the English Standard Version (ESV). Feel free to explore other child-friendly translations.]